Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Solar panels

My Nannie and Gramps have some solar panels on their roof. They have 11 solar panels. They got them 2 years ago.


If they didnt have their solar panels their power bill would be $300 or $400 a month and with solar panels it is only $150. In summer their power bills are only about $25.



All the power from the panels go into a box and if they have extra it goes back to power company. The box tells them how much power they are making.

The solar panels still make power on a dark cloudy day but not as much as a sunny day.

Gramps can see on his iPad how much power is made each day.



They have two heatpumps, drier, hrv, big hot water cylinder, oven, chest freezer. These are lots of things that use power. They are happy they have their solar panels.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emilie,
    Your post about solar panels at your grandparents' house is very interesting. You have told us lots of detail and information. They can save so much money. When you buy a house, do you want solar panels?
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Mrs Roach. Yes I think I might have solar panels on my house.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post