Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

 This week in lockdown I have been writing about pangolin's here it is -Pangolin’s are sometimes known as scaly/spikey anteaters.They are insectivorous which means they eat ants,termites and maybe some other insects. They are the only mammals that are fully covered in scales.Pangolins are sometimes mistaken as reptiles, but they are actually scaly mammals. When in danger they can roll into a ball. 


They are nocturnal which means they sleep in the day and come out at night. They are like hedgehogs because they have lots of things alike like - they are nocturnal, they have spikes/scales and they eat insects. One of the Pangolin’s THREATS are they are hunted for their scales/spikes and meat.


In June 2020 china made the size of protection for the natvie chinese pangolin bigger. Up to 200,000 are taken from the wild every year in Africa and Asia.there are 8 pangolin species in the world 4 are in Africa and 4 are in Asia all are under threat and all protected from trade. 


Some companies are trying to stop people selling wild pangolin at the 2 biggest markets like China and Vietnam.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Emilie,

    Thank you for all your information about Pangolin's. I have learnt a lot. I did not know that they were mammals, or that they ate ants. Did you know anything about them, before reading about them? It's pretty sad that they are in danger. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post