Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Summer learning Journey : fingerprints

I am doing the Nanogirl's fingerprint challenge. We have to take a photo of your fingerprint and share it on your blog. There are three types of fingerprints loop, arch and whorl.

My hands were too clean so it was hard  to get a good fingerprint. I dipped my finger in baking soda but as you can see you can't see a pattern because it just looks like a big blob. 

After that I tried to rub my fingers together to get them a little bit sweaty and that worked better I have uploaded both photos so you can see the difference between them.

Mine looks like arch but then it also looks a bit like loop what do you think?

This is the baking soda one

This is the sweaty fingers one!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Emilie,

    Great job thinking like an investigator and looking at your fingerprints in this activity. Did you learn something about using science to solve crime?

    It is tricky to figure out which type your fingerprint is because they’re all very similar patterns! Mine are a loop pattern, and I think you might be right about yours being arch.

    Looks like sweaty fingers worked better than the powder! I wonder if there are other ways that might show your fingerprint even clearer? Perhaps you can keep experimenting until you find the perfect material that shows your fingerprint!

    Keep up the awesome and creative mahi.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post