Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Science experiments


I have been doing science experiments with my mum. I did two. The first one was milk and food colouring and dishwashing liquid. I poured milk in a bowl and put yellow and red food colouring drops in it then I put dishwashing liquid in. When I put it in the colors all changed and swirled together. My baby sister Freya did red and blue. It looked so cool. It happened because the fat in the milk trying to get away from the dishwashing liquid.

The other experiment was walking water and I chose blue and yellow and when the water walked over the wet paper towel bridge and mixed in the middle it turned green. It took all night. Freya chose red and yellow and hers went dark orange. She was upset it didn’t turn pink.

Have you done experiments before?

(My mum helped me type this)









2 comments:

  1. Hi Emilie,

    Thank you for sharing your very cool science experiments. Yes I have done the marbled milk at school. It is very cool. You have included a very good explanation as to what has happened too. The milk looks like marble.
    What do you think would happen if you used cream instead of milk? As for the walking water, do you think it would work with warm water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michaelle, I don't know I would have to do it first. i think it might go faster with warm water I'll try that as well. From Emilie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post