Pages

Monday, January 18, 2021

Making optical illusions

We visited the art gallery and tried to draw some optical illusions. It is a bit tricky. We decided to take optical illusion photos. It is a bit frustrating because you have to keep still or move left or right but it is fun. I planned to do an ice cream idea we saw online but the clouds were not fluffy enough or kept blowing away so I made this instead. What do you think of me drawing in the sky and my tiny sisters? This was fun



Outside the fudge cottage there were statues of birds. They were quite small about the size of a cat. I asked my dad to do an optical illusion for me. I layed on the ground far away and he was really close to the bird which made it look big and like it was eating me! 🦤🐦🦅

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emilie,

    I’m Daniel from the SLJ Blog commenting team. I’m looking forward to seeing all your amazing blog posts and I hope you’re enjoying your summer too.

    Great Job on your optical illusions they look awesome! You’ve been really clever creating these with your family and they work perfectly. I really like your first one where you are drawing the clouds in the sky like a painting and the “giant” bird coming to investigate you to see if you’d make a good meal.

    Did you enjoy the art gallery and the fudge cottage? I’d love to hear more about that if you’d like to share.

    This is an awesome post Emilie so I’m gonna give you bonus points and add it to our list of outstanding blog posts.

    Good work Emilie,
    See you later in the comments,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post