Pages

Monday, January 11, 2021

Summer learning journey building a dam

My family and I went to Orton Bradley park. There was a playground. Me and my sisters played floor is lava and went on the flying fox.  Then I said can we go down to stream and build a dam and  my mum and dad said yes.  I used rocks and sticks . My  sisters helped too .We put big rocks on the bottom and squeezed little rocks in the gaps .We managed to slow down awater but not stop it . Beavers build a dam to make a pond to keep them safe from predators.  All the family helps to build it. Here are some photos. 














2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Emilie,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    What a great dam you have built! It looks like you had so much fun completing this task with your family.

    I used to love playing floor is lava! What a great game.

    What was your favourite part of the day?

    Keep up the awesome mahi!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Emilie,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey.

    This activity was fun as you had to put on your thinkers cap and find materials that are natural and sturdy enough to form a dam, using beavers as inspiration is a great idea as they are natures dam builders!

    I think your dam looks great and sturdy and based on your pictures, it looks to be a success so great job!!! It sounds like you had quite an adventure that day playing on the flying fox, playing the floor is lava and building a dam!!

    What was your favourite part about this activity and if you were to redo it how would you improve it?

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post